- Residential IPs starting from $50
- Social media dedicated proxy packages
- Small IP pool (40.000 residential IPs and 70.000 back-connect proxies)
Storm Proxies Review Highlights
Storm Proxies has been active on the market since 2016 and they offer both residential and data-center proxies.
Storm Proxies residential proxies
In comparison to bigger players in the residential IPs market, Storm Proxies has a smaller IP pool (only 40.000 residential IPs) but lower prices and longer IP rotations (5 min)… and unlimited bandwidth. Yes, they offer unlimited bandwidth on all their residential packages.
So, for the $90 residential proxies packages you get 10 ports to connect simultaneously your software to their proxy network.
Storm Proxies data-center proxies
On their data-center proxies, they offer both dedicated and rotating (back-connect) proxies.
- Dedicated IPs – fixed IPs, they do not change (ideal when you need to connect and manage accounts through proxies)
- Rotating (back-connect) proxies (70.000 IPs) – data-center proxies that rotate (change) their IPs after a set period of time (Storm Proxies rotates their data-center proxies on every request, every 3 or 15 minutes )
They offer dedicated proxy packages for:
- Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc)
- Sneakers (Supreme, Nike)
- Pokemon Go
Our Main Take – Testing their residential proxies
We tested their residential proxy network and checked their IPs’ ISP (Internet Service Provider)
Among the ISPs of their IPs, we found:
- Frontier Communications
- Wholesale Internet – A datacenter company providing servers in Kansas City.
A few words on the last ISP from this list.
Wholesale Internet is not a residential ISP, so Wholesale Internet IPs are not residential. Thus, not all Storm Proxies IPs from the residential proxy pool are actually residential.
That’s why you should take advantage of their money-back guarantee (24-Hour guarantee for residential proxies and 2-Hour for dedicated Instagram proxies) and test their services and proxy network.
Market Talk – What Customers Say About Oxylabs
There are mixed feelings in the market. Some users reported getting a higher ban-rate while others have been successfully using their proxies for several months in a row.
So, getting back to what I said above, you should use their money-back guarantee and if you are happy with their service, stick to them.
- Dedicated, Back-connect and Residential proxies
- 40.000 Residential IPs and 70.000 Back-connect (rotating data-center) proxies
- Between 2-Hour and 2-Day Money Back Guarantee (depending on the selected service)
- Storm Proxies IP network best used for scraping (residential and rotating IPs) and social media management (dedicated IPs)
|IP Pool||40.000 IPs|
|Number of Proxies||10|
|Price Per Proxy||$3|
Instagram Proxies have only IPs from the USStormproxies.com
Oxylabs Customer Support and User Experience
Storm Proxies provides 24/7 support via their ticketing service. Although they are active on BlackHatWorld, they do not provide support via the forum. Instead, they direct all their users to use their ticketing service for contacting them.
Their website is easy to navigate and all necessary information is displayed within reach (on product pages and in FAQ sections
Oxylabs Review – In conclusion
With 40.000 residential proxy IPs, 70.000 back-connect (rotating) data-center proxies and dedicated proxy packages for social media and sneakers websites, Storm Proxies is worth checking when looking to buy proxies.
Depending on the service needed, their 2-Hour or 2-Day money-back guarantee is a great feature worth considering. And you should use it to test their proxies before buying one of their services.